In Her Shoes Home
Top 10: Handle Your Biz!
As I thought about today’s blog post, I couldn’t help but be influenced by the life and times of the great Michael Jackson. Fans across the globe, including myself, spent the entire weekend celebrating his life so I couldn’t imagine starting off the week any differently. I lost my mind at the KeiStar Productions/DJ Spinna Tribute to MJ, enjoyed the beauty of hearing Michael Jackson (vs. the tired radio rotation) blaring from every direction and lastly, sat through The Jamie Foxx Show (a.k.a. The BET Awards) waiting for artists to actually pay homage to the King of Pop. That said, following is the In Her Shoes Top 10 List of Ways to Handle Your Biz – inspired by Michael Jackson (August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009):
10. “Workin’ Day & Night” – As we’ve heard time and time again, anything worth having is worth working for. That said, success requires the investment of time and commitment by any means necessary. Go, ladies!
9. “Show You The Way to Go” – Yes, you’re the best at what you do but guess what? There are folks out there who were doing it before you. Find a mentor. Become a sponge. Take in as much wisdom as you can from people who are already where you want to be!
8. “Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin“ – Be aggressive when it’s necessary, ladies. Make it happen today. Start a revolution!
7. “Goin’ Places” – The convenience of online social networking is great and oftentimes enticing, but don’t forget to mix it up a bit with a little face to face contact. Get out and network in person! There’s nothing like connecting with people up close and personal. So many human emotions are lost in translation via email or the internet. Make a real connection!
6. “Invincible” – If you’re invincible you’re incapable of being overcome or subdued. Enough said.
5. “Off the Wall” – This happens to be one of my favorites – “Gotta leave that 9-5 upon the shelf, and just enjoy yourself!” As much as we need to work hard to bring our dreams to life, it’s also important to have balance. All work and no play = not good!
4. “Bad” – Be the baddest chic – period. Whatever it is you’re doing in life, make it a point to be hottest!
3. “Destiny” – When we identify our life’s purpose, everything falls into place and we begin to experience the seemingly inevitable or necessary succession of events – organically!
2. “You Are Not Alone” – So often when we’re climbing the ladder of success, whether it’s in an entrepreneurial or corporate setting, we forget to lean on friends and family for help when needed. The journey isn’t always easy so be sure to tap into your support system and remember that you’re certainly not alone.
1. “Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough!” – Following your dreams is nice but as we saw on Thursday with the untimely death of MJ, life is short so it’s time to start chasing them. Go hard or go home!
Make it a great week!