Tia Williams’ Top 13 Hair Care Must-Haves for 2013
In the final installation of my “13 for 13” series we have the gorgeous and equally hilarious Tia Williams of Shake Your Beauty and The Fly Cut on deck. Let’s face it ladies, we’re on the constant quest for the “perfect” product to solve all of our unique hair care needs. Tia has been in the business long enough to know that there’s not just one product amazing enough to create magical tresses, it’s usually a combination of brands and tools joining forces to make our hair dreams come true. Take note as the lovely Tia shares her top 13 hair care must-haves for 2013. Make every day a good hair day!
1. Sedu Clipless Curling Iron has answered, like, nine of my prayers. I’m a huge fan of rippling beachy waves, and the way to get them is to wrap small sections of hair around the barrel of a curling iron — keeping the clip closed.
2. The CHI Touch Screen Dryer, which is the very first on the market to have touch screen technology. It’s the iPad of blowdryers!
3. Ojon’s new Color Fade Fighter Conditioning Treatment locks color into the hair shaft, and promises to prevent shade fade and awkward oxidizing for up to forty washes!
4. Hair Rules Travel Kits: They come in three sets—Kinky, Curly and Wavy. Crazy smart.
5. Smooth ‘N Shine Keratin Power Semi-Permanent Hair Tamer is an insanely easy new at-home keratin treatment, blended with super-smoothing Keratin 4 and aloe proteins!
6. Cake Satin Sugar Hair & Body Refreshing Powder for Darker Hair (also comes in Lighter Hair): When my hair’s dirty, I sprinkle this completely translucent powder onto my roots and the front layers, flip my head over and massage it in with my fingers. When I flip my head back up, it looks like my style is brand new!
7. Crimpin’ ain’t easy! But the Conair MiniPro Deep Wave Ceramic Styler makes it seem that way.
8. Mark’s Double Do Shape and Gloss Kit comes with two fantastic hair helpers: A Shaping Wax and a Solid Hair Gloss — your hair will be so happy.
9. Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Bomblicious Hair Mist: Hair perfume! So necessary, and yet still sort of a rare beauty find — so when I come across a good one, I buy like three, because it’s most likely a limited edition item.
10. EDEN BodyWorks Jojoba Conditioner smells ridiculously delicious…and we know that’s half of it, right?
11. John Frieda Full Repair Perfect Ends Sheer Mist: Blended with Inca Inchi, a fancy micro-oil rich in omega-3, this sheer, feather-light mist quickly absorbs into busted ends, magically making them look glossy, healthy and bouncy.
12. Ted Gibson Hair Sheet Polishing Towelette: Glossify “meh” hair in one swipe with these essential oil-spiked sheets. Great for travel.
13. Hot Tools Brush Hair Dryer: My favorite blowdryer! With the brush addition, you can really get in and get those roots. It’s genius.