Pro Makeup Tips + Perfect Blend Stick Giveaway from Ashunta Sheriff
You could say that I have a love/hate relationship with makeup. Some days I enjoy playing with all the different palettes and get excited when my bold lip turns out perfectly. But then there are those days when my liner refuses to go on straight, my bronzer looks crazy, or my lashes refuse to curl. That’s when I want to toss my makeup bag out the window. Enter celebrity makeup artist, and the beauty behind the Perfect Blend Dual Foundation Stick, Ashunta Sheriff. As today’s guest contributor, she’ll be sharing a few celebrity makeup artist secrets for looking your very best in every situation:
1. Makeup can create a flawless look, however, it looks ten times better when you maintain a good skincare regimen that is age appropriate. In your 20’s focus on cleaning, rebalancing skin PH with toner and a good moisturirizer. In your 30’s and 40’s add on anti-aging serums for day and night plus a good eye cream that keeps skin under eyes hydrated. In your 50’s and above, focus on collagen-boosting serums and serums that have peptides for deeper overnight skin repair.
2. Contouring and highlighting are all the rage but when applied heavily, it shows up in photos and looks ashy. When done right, contouring and highlighting can make your face look sleeker, brighter and lifted. Try Perfect Blend by Ashunta Sheriff, it’s an all-in-one product that gives you one shade to lift and the other to match your skin tone for subtle contour. The finish is light and semi-matte so skin looks healthy and radiant. When contouring and highlighting is super matte, it can look harsh and age a person instead of doing the reverse.
3. Not all lashes are not created equal. We all love lashes, but let’s keep in mind that one lash does not fit all. Look at your eyes and define the shape. Once you know if your eyes are almond, round, etc., you can look up what lash works best on great lash sites like Ardell Lashes, which provides a guide to determine the best lash for your eye shape. Choosing the right shape can make the world of difference giving you sultry, open and sexy eyes without looking weighed down and heavy.
4. Summer is here! Wearing heavy makeup can feel pretty gross in high temperatures so layering is the key to looking flawless. Use a BB or CC cream with SPF for overall protection and even out your skin’s complexion by using a foundation that’s lightweight in areas needing extra coverage. Set with a powder and spray a makeup setting spray like Model in A Bottle to lock makeup on all day. Continue with the rest of your face eyes, cheeks, lips then spray setting spray again. The trick is to really use a light hand and to focus on areas that need accentuating or covering.
5. Bold lips are great for a pop of color but sticky glosses in summer can feel heavy and goopy. Try a lip stain or lip lacquer that’s matte like Anastasia Beverly Hills, Jeffree Star or Lime Crime. They come in a range of colors and feel velvety smooth on lips without drying them out.
Anyone who leaves a comment below sharing their fave summer makeup tip is automatically entered to win their very own Perfect Blend by Ashunta Sheriff Dual Foundation Stick valued at $40 (shades available: dark and deep)! *Winner announced on Monday, June 16, 2015.
About Ashunta Sheriff:
Ashunta caters to a devoted A-list clientele, including Alicia Keys, Taraji P. Henson, Ciara, India.Arie, Rosario Dawson, Usher, and P. Diddy. Most notably, she has worked with Alicia Keys for more than four years, helping to establish her elegant and earthy, yet sophisticated and soulful style and transform her into a red-carpet favorite. Inspired by photography, fashion, art, history and culture – particularly tribalism – Ashunta strives to establish a signature look for her clients while staying on the cusp of beauty and fashion trends.
Throughout her career, she’s worked with top photographers including Patrick Demarchelier, Herb Ritts, Marc Baptiste and Annie Leibowitz, has served as the celebrity special request makeup artist for the films Smokin’ Aces and The Nanny Diaries, and has worked on several advertising campaigns including Nike, L’Oreal, Sean John, Roberto Coin and Proactiv.
Ashunta believes in naturally enhancing a woman’s features, bringing out one’s innate beauty. Her holistic approach to makeup combined with her degree in Cultural Anthropology and admiration for the fine arts has helped shape Ashunta’s iconic style and catapult her name as an industry leader.
To learn more about Ashunta visit www.ashuntasheriffonline.com or follow here fly female entrepreneur journey on Insta via @ashuntasheriff!