Top 10 Songs for Fly Female Entrepreneurs
By In Her Shoes guest contributor: Tanikia Thompson
Heads up: This post isn’t for heirs who have taken their money and made it work for them. Sorry. This post is for people like me. For the ones who are building something out of nothing. For the ones who rise early and go to bed late at night, all in the name of hustling. We won’t stop until we’ve made it. And even when we make it, we will continuously look for ways to grow. It isn’t easy starting a business, but the benefits are so worth it. I’ve identified ten songs that will encourage you on those days when it seems like all of your hard effort will never pay off, and tunes that will help you celebrate those rewarding moments that you thought would never come. These songs always put me in a good mood and remind me of what I’m striving for. Grab your iPods and get inspired!
- Troubles – Alicia Keys: “All your hustles ain’t for nothing”
- Hustlin’ – Rick Ross: “Everyday I’m hustlin”
- You Gotta Be – Des’ree: “Listen as your day unfolds, challenge what the future holds”
- God Bless the Child – Billie Holiday: “Mama may have, Papa may have, but God bless the child that got her own”
- I Got This – Jennifer Hudson: “I’m from the South Side trying to get to my goals”
- It’s A Beautiful Day – U2 : “It’s a beautiful day, don’t let it get away”
- Almost There – Anika Noni Rose: “There’s been trials & tribulations, you know I’ve had my share, but I’m almost there”
- Touch the Sky – Kanye West: “Dog, I was having nervous breakdowns, like “Dang, these people that much better than me?”
- Juicy – Notorious B.I.G.: “It was all a dream…”
- My Time – Kindred the Family Soul: “I’m ready, this is my time. All that I hoped for is mine”
To learn more about Tanikia Thompson visit www.nikkiandthecity.com.