Check On It
7 Benefits of Exercise for Fly Female Entrepreneurs
I did it! I finally DID it. After months of talking about my need for regular exercise, I’ve finally joined the local gym. It’s only been a couple of weeks and I’m far from a gym rat, but I’m already feeling the benefits. As an entrepreneur, it’s so easy to spend 10-12 hours in front of the computer with very little physical activity. Years of this can take a toll on your health and not to mention, your physical state.
While I’m blessed to have a naturally slender frame, I’m no where near as fit as I’d like to be. Let’s be clear, walking swiftly up several flights of stairs usually results in me being out of breath. Many people confuse slim for healthy but trust me, it’s just not true.
As an entrepreneur, you will certainly have your fair share of stress. Deadlines, payroll, picky clients, cash flow, and many other factors will contribute to a few grey hairs from time to time. A certain amount of stress is good for you and your business because it can help motivate and increase productivity. However, too much stress can be a bad thing that will affect your health and business success. While I’m still new to this consistent workout life, I’ve already found that one of the best ways to reduce entrepreneurial stress is to lace up your sneakers and hit the gym! Following are my top 7 benefits of exercise for Fly Female Entrepreneurs:
1. Clear Your Mind – An exercise break will help clear your mind of stressful work related issues. You’ll have a chance to breath fresh air, get away from the computer and phone, and think without interruptions.
2. Energy – Exercise will increase your energy levels, re-charge your body and make you feel ready to take on the next challenge.
3. Physical – Exercise will tone up your body, increase bone density, and make you feel better. The physical benefits of looking more toned and healthy will ultimately lead to mental benefits by increasing self-esteem.
4. Time to Think – Some of my most productive thinking is done while working out. Time away from your regular work environment will give you time to think about how to grow your business, solve problems, and accomplish your goals. Exercise keeps you relaxed and in a great state of mind to find solutions and ideas for current problems and issues.
5. Positive Mental State – Exercise releases endorphins (brain chemicals known as neurotransmitters), which trigger a euphoric state. These “feel good” endorphins boost your awareness, confidence, and self esteem.
6. Socialization – Another reason I enjoy going to the gym is for the socialization (of course). Seeing others exercising keeps me motivated and I enjoy getting to see friends and other people in the community.
7. Learn – Use your time while exercising to learn and grow personally. I usually listen to high-tempo Pandora stations to keep my energy flowing but also plan to download a few podcasts about entrepreneurship, marketing, or industry news. It’s also a great time to listen to audio books by some of your favorite personal development authors.