Red Carpet Ready for the Holidays
By Guest Contributor: Camara AUnique
‘Tis the season for shimmer and sparkle! Special occasions call for special looks but I understand that for some, figuring out everything from wardrobe to makeup can be a bit daunting. Need to quickly go from the office to the hottest holiday party of the season? Don’t sweat it. Following are five tips to create red carpet ready looks in no time flat:
1. Primer always tops my list. My go-to primer is the Under Cover Agent Oil Control Primer by Iman Cosmetics. It instantly minimizes pores and allows foundation to be applied on a smooth surface. What I love most about it is that it truly lasts all day. Perfect for party hopping!
2. A khol eye pencil can help you transform any look from day to night. You can even line your eyes and smudge the liner to create an instant smokey eye which goes perfect with bright, bold lips. I’m a huge fan of MAC Cosmetics Pearlglide pencil which comes in a range of colors and adds a hint of sparkle for the holidays. Iman Cosmetics Perfect Eye Pencil is another budget-friendly option that’s non-greasy so it stays in place while you celebrate!
3. When applied properly, lashes are everything and can instantly bring sultry, sexy drama to your eyes. They’re easy to apply so don’t be afraid to practice, practice, practice. I encourage you to stay away from lashes that are too long and/or too thick. The goal is to look festive, not frightening.
4. Don’t have time to do your entire face? A bold lip in red, ruby, or burgundy can turn a simple, clean face into a camera ready look within seconds! My favorite lip of the moment is MAC’s Rebel Satin lipstick coupled with the brand’s Nightmoth liner. If you’re in a pinch and need to add some extra color, try dabbing a little little lipstick on your cheeks.
5. My absolute favorite part of transforming faces is the application of highlighter. Yes, highlighter! If you’re after gorgeous, glowy and fresh looking skin a great highlighter never disappoints. It will add and reflect light off of your face giving you a fresh, dewy healthy skin look and will make your best features more pronounced. Where to highlight: top of the cheekbones, bridge of the nose, and under the brow bone.
If you have any questions regarding your party season looks follow me on Twitter (@auniquebeauty1) and Instagram (@auniquebeauty). Here’s to giving great face for the holidays and all year ’round!